Monday, July 27, 2009

Rita Drohan Foxwell, 1925–2009.

There will be some prescheduled posts over the next few days, although the Bunburyist might eventually need to go on temporary hiatus. My remarkable mother has passed away. Suffice for now to say that she was a child of the Depression with six siblings, raised three sons and three daughters after her husband died at age 49, and believed there was nothing her children could not do.

Viewing and service on Tuesday, July 28th; obituary here.

4 comments:

George said...

My condolences on the death of your mother. She sounds like a remarkable woman.

J. Kingston Pierce said...

I'm sorry to hear of your mother's passing, Elizabeth. Take good care of yourself at this sorrowful transition.

Cheers,
Jeff

Unknown said...

My sympathies, Beth. I know she must have been a wonderful mom.

Martin Edwards said...

Sincere condolences from me, as well.