|Glenn Ford in |
The Big Heat (1953,
dir. Fritz Lang)
• Christianna Brand, Fog of Doubt. "Artful puzzle."
• Leslie Ford, Washington Whispers Murder."Tells, with the bite of intelligent scorn, a terrifying story."
• Max Franklin [Richard Deming], Justice Has No Sword. "This one has the professional touch of a star reporter."
• Michael Gilbert, Fear to Tread. "Another great Michael Gilbert novel."
• Charlotte Jay, Beat Not the Bones. "The first important mystery of the year."
• Ira Levin, A Kiss before Dying. "Another big first, written by a 23-year-old."
• René Masson, Green Oranges. "Masson is one of the great discoveries of this decade."
• William McGivern, The Big Heat. "Today's first-ranking novelist of the hard-hitting mystery."
• Josephine Tey, The Singing Sands. "Her noted blend of detecting excitement and beautiful writing."