Monday, October 04, 2021

A new chapter.

On October 1, I started as a full-time editor at McFarland & Co., where I'll be helping out with production-related operations and acquisitions (particularly in popular culture). I've had a long relationship with McFarland as editor of the McFarland Companions to Mystery Fiction series (six award nominations and one win; the next volume is vol. 11: Dorothy L. Sayers) and managing editor of Clues: A Journal of Detection (the oldest US scholarly journal on mystery, crime, and detective fiction). I'm looking forward to exploring new challenges.

I'm always interested in receiving proposals for the Mystery Companion series; prospective subjects should have a substantial body of work (loosely defined as a minimum of 25 books or a substantial combination of books, short stories, and other mystery-related works). For further details on submitting a proposal, contact me.

3 comments:

Art Taylor said...

Congratulations!!!

Art

J. Kingston Pierce said...

Good for you, Elizabeth!

Elizabeth Foxwell said...

Thanks, Art and Jeff!