Monday, June 26, 2023

A new Jury Box columnist for EQMM.

I debut in the July/Aug Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine as The Jury Box columnist (I am the first woman to write the column--I think I'll be writing one column per year). As someone who grew up reading Jon L. Breen's Jury Box reviews, it's a dream come true. I review classic reprints or short story collections by Anthony Berkeley [Cox], Eleanor A. Blake, J. Harvey Bond [Russell Robert Winterbotham], Mary Fitt [Kathleen Freeman], Elisabeth Sanxay Holding, E. C. R. Lorac [Edith Caroline Rivett], Ellery Queen & Josh Pachter, Jack Ritchie [John George Reitci], and Susan Scarlett [Noel Streatfeild].

4 comments:

J. Kingston Pierce said...

Congratulations, Elizabeth! I look forward to reading your critical assessments.

Cheers,
Jeff

Elizabeth Foxwell said...

Thanks, Jeff!

Todd Mason said...

Excellent news! Hard to imagine a better choice to revive the column.

Elizabeth Foxwell said...

Thanks, Todd!